Specialty Pharmacy Outcomes and Performance Manager
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Join our community
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, “community” is still the heart of our organization.
It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
It means getting involved in the communities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered — and we couldn’t do it without you.
Serves on the pharmacy leadership team and works closely with specialty pharmacy administration, physicians, and the health care team, providing both direct and indirect patient care.
The Pharmacy Outcomes and Performance Manager also:
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, TJC, URAC, and ACHC standards, Department of Health, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations
- Develops and manages strategic plans and clinical initiatives that support specialty/ambulatory pharmacy goals.
- Optimizes medication regimens for individual patients, taking into consideration therapeutic targets, medication costs, and medication adherence issues.
- Is responsible for the collaborating on and maintaining medication-related specialty pharmacy policies.
- Is responsible for leading or participating in various specialty projects and initiatives.
- Assists in the analysis and development of action steps to meet drug cost targets.
- Coordinates P&T Committee activities and performs medication formulary assessments and recommendations.
- Communicates with and educates pharmacy, nursing, and medical staff regarding P&T processes and decisions.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of pharmaceutical interventions.
- Communicates pharmacotherapeutic changes/recommendations clearly to patients, physicians, and the health care team, as well as documents this appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Mentors and provides feedback to specialty pharmacy staff.
- Coordinates activities between pharmacy directors and other inter and intradepartmental areas.
- Coordinates the policy and procedure review and revision process.
- Maintains contemporary professional knowledge base, including board certification.
- Participates in evaluation of quality service, development, and implementation of improvements.
- Coordinates student and resident activities while completing program requirements and serves as a preceptor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy required, PharmD preferred
- One or more years of management experience in hospital, ambulatory retail and/or specialty settings required
- Prior experience managing call center staff that provide benefits, prior authorization, and patient monitoring and therapy management preferred
- Protocol management and data reporting to URAC and drug manufacturers preferred
- Licensed as a Pharmacist by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA)
- Strong clinical skills in pharmacotherapeutic management within primary care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High level decision making skills
- Cohesive team-building skills
- Clear understanding of performance improvement processes
- Experience with computer applications, including spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Function independently
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above their own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.