Palliative Care Clinic Services
Serious illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and kidney failure can cause many physical and emotional symptoms. Providing comfort, relieving symptoms and easing stress caused by disease and treatment is called symptom management.
We focus on identifying and managing troublesome symptoms, strengthening coping mechanisms, and building interpersonal relationships to improve your quality of life. Our inclusive approach enables people to feel better and regain strength and hope.
Our team serves people living with serious illness in the following ways:
- Conduct an extensive patient assessment
- Manage pain and other symptoms
- Identify treatment side effects that can be managed
- Provide and discuss effective treatment options
- Provide follow-up care
- Help communicate concerns and progress with your care team and family
- Treat the emotional and physical stress that comes with your illness
- Identify coping mechanisms for living with serious illness
Palliative care clinical services are available at the following locations. For more information, please call 317-621-4418.