Community Cancer Center East - Radiation Oncology
1500 N Ritter Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46219
A Department of Community Hospital East
The radiation oncology office is located inside the main door of Community Hospital East, near the medical and breast oncology offices. Our campus offers the convenience of valet or covered parking to make accessing cancer care services very easy.
To make an appointment for cancer care at Community East, call 317-355-5347. In most cases, patients with a cancer diagnosis will see an oncologist within 48 hours.
Community Hospital East has deep roots in cancer care. It is the site of the Cancer Registry for Community Health Network. The Cancer Committee, led by Dr. Pablo Bedano and Dr. Robert Goulet, collects and analyzes cancer patient data to help identify improvements in patient care.
Affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network®
Community Hospital East and most of its oncologists are affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. The affiliation brings new hope to local cancer patients with expanded diagnosis and treatment options.
Our physicians are board-certified medical oncologists/hematologists, radiation oncologists, or surgeons, and most are MD Anderson Cancer Network® certified physicians. Our eastside neighbors know that Community Hospital East's history of community is reflected in the expertise of its cancer care staff. The nurse practitioners, oncology nurses, nurse navigators, radiation therapists, social workers, pharmacists and Symptom Management Group enhance care every step of the way.
Navigators: With you from the start
At your first appointment, you'll meet an oncology navigator who introduces you to the medical oncologist and radiation oncologist. Navigators guide patients through cancer diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. They help answer questions and provide continuity during a stressful time.
At Community Cancer Center East, our affiliation with MD Anderson Cancer Network® means expanded patient options for diagnosis and treatment. We are a multi-disciplinary cancer center with medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical options and many services and resources. We know cancer is distressing in different ways from other diseases. A personalized treatment plan is created that reflects your needs. Treatment options include:
- A full-service Radiation Therapy Department that offers high-dose radiation technology (HDR) for precise delivery of radiation, avoiding healthy tissue and destroying more cancer cells with fewer doses.
- Many private infusion rooms for chemotherapy treatment. The infusion area also provides hematology treatments for non-cancerous blood disorders.
- A Head and Neck Clinic dedicated to cancers of the head and neck.
The Cancer Center East is a full-service neighbor to all the medical specialists at the professional building and coordinates care closely with breast, GI, urology, nephrology, lung disease and surgery specialists. Within the hospital, cancer screening services include low-dose CT lung scans, 3-D mammography and colonoscopy.
- A pharmacy employee helps patients with financial assistance for medications.
- A social worker provides extensive support to bridge care into the home and workplace and address the special needs of our patients.
- The genetic counselor is onsite every week. She works closely with the physicians and patients when family history and gene profile tests are used as part of the cancer treatment plan.
- Symptom Management Group provides pain management support and distress support.
- Integrative services provide holistic care.
- FigLeaf Boutique, located on the first floor of Community Hospital East, works closely with the Cancer Center. At this specialty boutique, certified mastectomy fitters work with women on fittings for bras, wigs and accessories. Women can also purchase compression products and unique gifts at the shop.
Cancer survivorship is a blending of navigating the cancer journey at every bend while balancing the distress that comes with this disease.
Find a Doctor
Learn more about cancer care services available at Community.