Community Cancer Center North
7979 N Shadeland Ave,
Indianapolis, IN 46250
NEW CENTER NOW OPEN!
A Department of Community Hospital East
It’s not just a building, but what’s inside. The all-new Community Cancer Center North, located on the Community North campus, is filled with hope, collaboration and easy navigation. Patients find world-class care from a multidisciplinary team of certified medical experts, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and treatment protocols.
We have big plans for patients who need cancer care and hematology expertise in Indiana. Our list of comprehensive services is ever-evolving, including robust treatment opportunities, care programs and the essential healing environment that only Community Health Network can provide.
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and would like to make an appointment, please call 317-621-4333. In most cases, patients will have a consultation with an oncologist within 48 hours.
The new cancer treatment facility iss designed as a model for integrated healthcare to meet patients' personal needs. Inside, the center offers spaces devoted to support groups, physical therapy, art and music therapy, tai chi, massage, exercise and much more. With input from patients, physicians, and staff, the center features elements that create a home-like atmosphere.
Features and amenities
- Three-stories, 104,000 square feet, with a warm and contemporary design
- Facility treats medical and radiation oncology patients
- Connected to Community Hospital North via Alderson Family Bridge of Life skywalk
- Expansive private guest suites with family areas
- Knowledge center, computers, Internet access and reading rooms for patients and their families
- Patient-controlled room temperature, food, gowns, privacy and access to natural light
- Patients maintain normal schedule, with work space areas, wellness facility and little-to-no wait treatment times
- Garden, courtyard and a welcoming entry to help lessen anxiety
Affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network®
Community Hospital North and most of its oncologists are affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. The affiliation brings new hope to local cancer patients with expanded diagnosis and treatment options.
Our cancer team is deep with expertise. All physicians are board-certified medical oncologists/hematologists and radiation oncologists, many of whom are also MD Anderson Cancer Network® certified physicians. The team includes nurse practitioners, oncology nurses, radiation therapists, nurse navigators, a dietitian, social workers, pharmacists, and the Symptom Management Group. The Cancer Center staff works closely with all specialties to coordinate patient care and follow-up.
Navigators: With you from the start
At your first appointment, you'll meet a nurse navigator who introduces you to the medical oncologist and radiation oncologist. Navigators guide patients through cancer diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. They help answer questions and provide continuity during a stressful time.
At Cancer Center North, adult cancer diagnoses are treated with a combination of surgery, chemotherapy, oral chemo and/or radiation therapy. A full-service Radiation Therapy Department offers stereotactic radiotherapy and IMRT for targeted radiation treatment. The Cancer Center offers private infusion rooms for chemotherapy, hematology, and other personalized, supportive treatments ordered by your provider.
- Oncology clinical trials that offer the latest advanced treatment options to eligible patients.
- Medication assistance coordinator coordinates medication financial assistance.
- Multidisciplinary clinics, such as Head and Neck Clinic and Neuro Oncology Clinic, allow for a combined appointment with the patient's surgeon, radiation oncologist and medical oncologist.
- Patients are seen by a registered dietitian for nutrition counseling tailored to their specific diagnosis needs.
- Symptom Management Group provides pain management and psychosocial support.
- Palliative care and the Life's Journey program is also available to our patients.
- Genetic counseling services are used to better understand how a particular gene profile may increase risk factors for cancer treatment or recurrence.
- FigLeaf Boutique - Cancer Care, is now located on the first floor of the new cancer center! At this specialty boutique, every employee is a certified mastectomy fitter and helps women find the right wig and accessories. The shop also sells compression wear and a variety of unique gift items.
Cancer survivorship is a blending of navigating the cancer journey at every bend while balancing the distress that comes with this disease.
Find a Doctor
Learn more about cancer care services available at Community.