The New East: Construction Milestones
Construction of the new Community East will occur in several phases, all designed to not disrupt patient care. Buildings 5 and 1 were the first to be come down to pave the way for the construction of the new patient tower, which will house patients in early 2019. In 2019, look for Building 2 to come down, followed by construction of the new main entry to the hospital. We'll keep you updated on the progress here!
April 2016: Building 5 demolition
July 2016: Building 1 demolition
July 2016 - January 2019: New patient tower construction
January 2019: Tower occupancy
February - April 2019: Building 2 demolition
May 2019 - March 2020: New main entry construction
April 2020: Project complete!
What's in each building?
- Building 1: Offices, pharmacy, kitchen, security, outpatient services of Advanced Heart Care, pulmonary, Wound Center
- Building 2: Medical imaging, Emergency Department, cardiac cath/interventional radiology, ICU, PCU, CCU, neurology
- Building 3: Classrooms, surgery, maternity, short stay, medical/surgical, orthopedics, oncology
- Building 5: Employee Wellness Center, administrative offices, Copy Center
Community breaks ground on new eastside hospital campus
August 19, 2015—A new chapter began as the network broke ground on a brand new Community Hospital East. The $175 million dollar investment in the neighborhood sends a message of commitment to those who live there. Read more here or watch the video below for interviews and footage from the event.
Each floor of the new patient tower will have updated patient and clinical areas, from the pharmacy and cafeteria to updated operating rooms and maternity suites. Explore the new plans below.
Click an image to open a PDF of that floor's design.
- Emergency Department
- Main entrance/lobby
- Radiology and imaging
- Community conference room
- Cafeteria, chapel and courtyard
- Operating rooms; pre-op and post-op rooms
- Endoscopy and cath labs
- Level III NICU
- Post-anesthesia care unit (PACU)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- Orthopedics and physical therapy
- Renal medical/surgical
- Cardiac medical/surgical
- Oncology medical/surgical
- Neuro medical/surgical