Lap-Band Support Program
At Community Bariatric Services - Hamilton, we believe a good support team is essential for long-term weight loss success after bariatric surgery. Our team of nurses, dietitians, and exercise specialists is here to help you throughout your journey to wellness. We offer options for medically-supervised weight loss to help you mentally and physically prepare for the surgery, understand and meet insurance requirements, and practice for lifestyle changes. Online support is also available.
In the videos below, Dr. Keith McEwen discusses the importance of a strong support team before and after bariatric surgery, as well as support options available to Lap-Band patients.
Patient Support Groups
Come mix and mingle! Learn, live, and develop! Anyone within our program is invited to come, pre- or post-surgery. Groups are directed by members of our bariatric team and guest speakers including psychologists, counselors, physical educators, dietitians and current patients.
Support groups for our bariatric patients are held the first Thursday of each month from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. These meetings are for current LAP-BAND® patients only or patients interested in our surgical weight loss programs. If you have questions, please contact Lauren Harrison, RD, at 317-621-2511 or email lbrankle@eCommunity.com.
- January 5 - Q&A Panel
- February 2 - Love Yourself
- March 2 - Meal Prep; Conclude Weight Loss Challenge
- April 6 - Grocery Store Tour (Location: Kroger on Olio Road)
- May 4 - Jeopardy!
- June 1 - Bariatric Myths vs. Facts Busted
- July 6 - Celebrate Protein Shake Testing
- August 3 - Back on Track!
- September 7 - Fall Meal Prep
- October 5 - Plastic Surgery
- November 2 - Healthy Holiday Eating
- December 7 - Christmas Party