Grilled pesto chicken and tomato kebabs
It's grilling season! This simple recipe can be prepped ahead of time and quickly thrown on the grill after a long day at work.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Fresh pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/4 lbs skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 16 wooden skewers
*Yield: 8 servings
- In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
- Combine the raw chicken with pesto and marinate a few hours in a bowl. Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step). Beginning and ending with chicken, thread chicken and tomatoes onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make eight kebabs total.
- Heat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with oil. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook about three to four minutes; turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about two to three minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving (two kabobs)
147 calories | 18g protein | 3g carbohydrates | 7.5g fat | 1g fiber
For more healthy recipes, visit our Pinterest board.