Palliative medicine provides emotional and physical comfort during treatment. We work with you and your family to relieve the pain, stress and symptoms that come with serious illness - to help you enjoy the highest quality of life possible during your illness.
Have questions about palliative care?
People who receive palliative care early in their treatment often have fewer symptoms and better outcomes. Our services provide the support you need to enjoy the highest quality of life possible during your illness. Talk to our team to learn how you or your loved one can benefit or get a physician referral for one of our services.
Often, palliative care begins when you are hospitalized for a serious illness, but you can also receive palliative medicine at home through our Life's Journey at Home or Community Touchpoint programs.
Every person's treatment is unique, but we help everyone we serve to...
- Participate fully in life
- Manage side effects from treatment or medications
- Continue to be active and productive members of your family and social groups
- Maintain a high level of daily functioning
- Continue to have a meaningful life experience
- Coordinate care among your entire healthcare team
You can get palliative medicine at any time during your illness. However, receiving it early on in your treatment is most beneficial.