Community's hospice program provides pain and symptom management by addressing the physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs of individuals facing the end of life. Our focus is on the quality of life remaining and for each individual to live with dignity, respect, and as much independence as possible. Care can be provided in the home, a nursing home, Community Health Network hospitals or other contracted facilities throughout Central Indiana.
Benefits of Hospice Care
Benefits of hospice include the following:
- Enhanced quality of life
- Comfort and support in end of life issues for the whole family
- Control over your care
- Aid for suffering beyond physical ailments, including psychological, social and spiritual distress
- Ability to live life as fully as possible for the time remaining
- Pain and symptom management
- Thirteen months of bereavement care for loved ones
- Expenses associated with the "terminal illness" care covered under the hospice Medicare benefit
Infant Hospice Program
Our infant hospice program is designed for families of patients that are born with conditions incompatible with life. Some of the diagnoses incompatible with life include:
- Severe prematurity
- Chromosomal and congenital abnormalities
- Complications of labor and delivery
If you are unsure if hospice care is right for you or your loved one, a pre-hospice consultation may be helpful. A pre-hospice care consultation may consist of the following services:
- Medical assessment by medical director certified in hospice and palliative medicine
- Physical history review
- Current and previous treatment review
- Review of responses to previous treatments
- Discussion with the patient and family regarding life goals
- Symptom management discussion
- Consultations regarding care options
- Information on Medicare and Medicaid benefits for those with terminal disease(s)
- Discussion with attending physician
How do I obtain a consultation?
- Call our toll-free telephone number, available 24 hours a day, at 800-404-4852.
- The patient, patient’s physician, family member, nurse, social worker or health care provider may request a consultation.
- A pre-hospice consultation by a hospice medical director is covered 100% by Medicare Part A one time per patient.
To schedule a pre-hospice consultation or to talk to a Community Home Health hospice liaison, please call 317-621-4800 or 800-404-4852 (toll-free), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Make an honor or memorial gift
Perhaps there is someone important in your life who has braved a tough journey. Or maybe you want to celebrate the memory of a loved one. This is a meaningful way to honor or remember someone special while also making a direct impact in the lives of other patients.