Pricing Support Center
At Community Health Network, we are committed to high-quality care that puts patients first. To help deliver an exceptional patient experience, we offer price estimates for your healthcare. This service helps patients understand their potential out-of-pocket costs for care at Community. We want you to be informed about the price of your healthcare—whether it's in the hospital or an outpatient setting—before you choose us. By answering your questions today, we can help you make better decisions about your care tomorrow.
Call us at 844-786-9503 (toll-free) or 317-355-9279 to start the process. Our reimbursement analysts are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For messages sent after hours or on the weekends you will be contacted within 5 business days.
How to get a price estimate
A patient may at any time ask a healthcare provider for an estimate of the amount the patient will be charged by the provider and health facility for non-emergency medical services provided in Community facilities. The law requires that the estimate be provided within 5 business days.
Step 1 - Gather Information
To help us provide you with the most accurate price estimate, please have this information handy before you contact us:
- Description of services - Call or contact your physician’s office for a detailed description of services. Please ask for the CPT procedure code, if available. The more we know about the services you are interested in, the better we are able to estimate the cost.
- Type of services needed - Outpatient or inpatient (overnight stay at the hospital)
- Location of service
- Physician/specialist name
- Insurance information - If you have insurance, please have your insurance card available so we may obtain the following information: name of insurance company, type of policy (e.g. HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity), policy holder's name, group name and number, policy number, insurance company phone number. Some insurance companies require verification of the primary policy holder's SSN and date of birth.
- Uninsured - If you do not have insurance, we offer a discount on medically necessary services. If you would like to speak with a financial counselor, see our financial assistance policy.
Step 2 - Contact Us
We offer two options for you to get a price estimate. For calls or emails after hours, we will be in touch within 5 days.
- Call a reimbursement analyst at 844-786-9503 (toll-free) or 317-355-9279.
- Complete our online form and receive a call back with your estimate:
Education and Resources
As your advocate, we are committed to providing you with information to help you understand the cost of your healthcare. Explore the materials and website links below to learn more about our services and price transparency.
- Healthcare transparency and pricing definitions (PDF)
- Understanding Healthcare Prices: A Consumer Guide, available in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF)
What is pricing transparency?
Pricing transparency is a term used to describe initiatives in the healthcare industry to provide meaningful pricing information to consumers.
What services are included in my price estimate?
Estimates provided include hospital charges such as room and board, medication, and supplies. In most cases, professional fees, anesthesiologist fees and radiologist reading fees are not included in the estimate.
Can I get an exact pricing quote?
Unfortunately, no. We will do our best to provide you with a pricing range based on our hospital's historical pricing for comparable services. Price quotes are not guaranteed since the services used to compute the quote can vary from services you receive due to treatment decisions, unforeseen complications, additional tests or services ordered by your physician, and variation in the clinical needs of each patient.
What if I cannot pay for my healthcare services?
To learn if you may qualify, or to apply for financial assistance, please visit eCommunity.com/financialassistance.
Where can I get answers to questions about my bill?
Please call the billing department at 317-355-5555 or 866-721-4205.
At Community Health Network, we are partnered with most major commercial and government insurance plans to help cover the cost of your care. These plans include, but are not limited to:
- United Healthcare
- Anthem Exchange Pathways
It is important to remember that individual plans and their in/out of network status will affect the portion of the payment that the patient is responsible for.
In compliance with federal law, Community Health Network provides a list of standard charges and charges grouped by DRG (Diagnosis Related Group). To learn more about these charges and see the lists, click the orange button.
Share Your Comments
We are very interested in your feedback and suggestions on improving our process around price transparency. We have two ways to get in touch:
- Please take our quick customer survey to let us know how we're doing: Customer survey >>
- Please share your thoughts and comments at cpo@eCommunity.com.
If you would like us to contact you about your feedback, please include your name and the best way to get in touch (phone or email). We will contact you within two business days.
The price estimate we will provide is based on the most common or average charge amount. However, because of unexpected circumstances or additional services, this is an estimate and cannot be guaranteed as a final bill. As healthcare can be complex, please be aware that you will be billed from Community Health Network along with other entities that are involved in your care but are not part of our Network. The estimate we will provide includes, but is not limited to, charges such as room and board, medication and supplies, OR time, pre-op and post-op care as well as professional services rendered by Community Health Network providers. For those services not billed by the Community Health Network, which can include professional fees, anesthesiologist fees and radiologist reading fees, we have worked in conjunction with these entities to obtain their estimated gross charge amounts. Finally, our estimate, specific to the services billed by Community Health Network, will include your estimated total out-of-pocket amount based on your current insurance benefits provided to us by your insurance carrier coverage and assumes your services are in-network.