Patient and Family Advisory Council
“The valued input and engagement of our council members will guide Community Health Network to continually ensure the patient and family are at the center of all that we do.” Tom Malasto, Senior Vice President, Chief Patient Experience Officer - Community Health Network.
Our Patient and Family Advisory members join with Community Health Network in working together to plan and improve the experience of all who receive care at Community. Council members are engaged customers who embrace differing opinions and represent the diversity of our community. Community Health Network relies on council members for open discussion about care experiences. The insight offered by the council members will be used to guide employees and support decisions related to programs and care.
Because council members are current or previous Community Health Network patients or family members of patients, they can share insights that help leadership see through the eyes of our patients and their families. This will lead to improvement that directly impacts the patient and family experience.
Goals of the Patient and Family Advisory Councils are:
- To improve the patient and family experience
- Improve clinical quality and safety
- To improve communication and collaboration among caregivers, patients and family members
- To ensure care at Community Health Network is patient- and family-centered
- To guide network priorities and planning
Council member overview
Members will serve terms of two years, and will include:
- Up to 15 community members who have been patients or family members of patients at Community
- Representatives of the Office of Patient Experience and senior leadership
Council member characteristics
Members should have:
- A positive approach and the ability to share and see many different points of view
- Good listening skills
- Enthusiasm for Community’s promise of exceptional care, simply delivered
- The ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way
- The ability to communicate and work with others whose backgrounds, experiences and styles may vary
The councils shall meet regularly (every other month or quarterly).
How do I apply if I am interested?
What communication do I receive that I completed my application?
Upon submitting your application a "Thank You" message will be sent to the email address you provide us during the application process.
How do I know the status of my application?
A communication will be sent to you within 30 days of receipt of your application.
Is there an interview process?
Yes, there is an initial screening and interview with a leader.
Community employee opportunities
At this time, we are not accepting applications from current/recent (within two years) Community Health Network employees. Regional leaders will identify and appoint employees to participate on the Patient and Family Advisory Council. Your voice is very important to us and we would like you to consider joining the Virtual Advisory Council to share your insight and opinions on specific topics about the patient experience at Community.