North Bariatric Support Groups
Community Hospital North bariatric services offers a variety of support groups for pre-op and post-op weight loss surgery patients. The groups are led by members of the bariatric services team to provide additional support for patients undergoing lifestyle changes before and after bariatric surgery, including adjustable gastric banding, gastric bypass and gastric sleeve procedures.
Groups are held at Community Hospital North. Please check the calendar for monthly bariatric support group dates, times and locations as well as class/group descriptions. For questions, please call 317-621-7771.
Community Bariatric Surgeons knows the importance of support in your overall success. Studies show patients who attend support groups have greater excess weight loss than those who do not. Join program staff and other weight loss surgery patients in group discussions and educational events on a weekly basis. Check our calendar for an exact listing of topics, dates and times.
North Evening Support Group
- First Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
- Support group facilitated by registered dietitian
- Second Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
- New patient - 2 years: Facilitated by our registered dietitian and will address the needs of new patients in our program.
- Two years+: Facilitated by our licensed clinical social worker and will address the needs of further post-op patients.
- Third Tuesday at 5 p.m.
- Combined group facilitated by registered dietitian
- Fourth Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Couples group: This group is for a bariatric surgery patient and their partner. It is required to bring your partner to this group.
Where: Community Hospital North. Rooms vary based on availability; please check schedule.
Program facilitators: Program dietitians and licensed clinical social worker
North Daytime Support Group
When: Fourth Wednesday
Where: Community Hospital North Bariatric Clinic (suite 210)
Topic/time: New patient group @ 11 a.m. This group is for patients 0-6 months post-op only.
Topic/time: All patient group @ noon. This group is for any pre- or post-op patient.
Program facilitators: Program dietitians