Green Foods to Add to Your Diet
It can seem daunting to work those greens into your diet. It doesn't have to be. Here are some tasty green foods that pack a nutritional punch.
Kiwi: Fill up on fiber
- 2x the vitamin C of an orange
- More potassium than a banana
- Fiber helps to curb hunger longer
- Add to cereal or yogurt for a serious health boost
Brussel Sprouts: Aid in lowering blood pressure
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large zip close plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning.
Edamame: Aid in lowering cholesterol
- Good source of protein for vegan and vegetarian diets
- Add to salads, stir fry’s or eat plain as a protein packed snack
Asparagus: Aids in digestion
- Contains prebiotics which promotes digestive health — and is high in fiber
- Grill with olive oil, salt and pepper or add to your favorite soup for an extra boost of immunity and prebiotics