It’s your community, and you can be a part of it by giving your time as a volunteer at Community facilities or by working with our patient experience team to partner in your care.
8/14/20: We are happy to welcome volunteers back to serve in our facilities and invite new applicants for volunteer positions. However, for everyone’s safety we ask that individuals age 65 and older, or those with serious health issues, refrain from volunteering.
Partners in Care
Community Health Network is dedicated to working with and considers our patients and their loved ones to be partners at the center of the health care team. At the core of this partnership are your insights and experiences that have formed your unique healthcare narrative. By sharing your experiences, you can ensure your voice is at the foundation of how we partner in care.
Here’s how you can get involved:
Virtual Advisory Council (VAC): Provide your opinion on specific topics about the patient and family experience at Community through a short survey and follow-up emails. Apply at the link below. To learn more, call 317-621-7001 or email PartnersInCare@eCommunity.com.
Patient Partners and Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC): The Patient & Family Advisory Council is a formal group that meets regularly for active collaboration between caregivers, consumers, patients, and/or their loved ones. Apply at the link below.
Hospital or Facility Volunteering
Ongoing volunteer opportunities are available at Community hospitals and health pavilions. In addition to free parking and meals, social events and service awards, you'll be rewarded just knowing you helped our patients and families when they need it most.
Find your desired location below for more information about volunteering. Generally, you will need to complete an application form, interview with the staff and complete an orientation. Click the "Apply Online" button to get started.
Examples of Volunteer Positions
Our unique volunteer opportunities include positions in the medical units, along with clerical positions and customer service assistance for patients and visitors.
- Information desk—Assist the staff at the main information desk with flower delivery, escorting and customer service needs for patients and visitors.
- Patient access—Assist with escorting for the outpatient registration desk.
- Hospital departments—Assist with supply stocking and basic patient needs. Departments include maternity, pediatrics, the Center for Joint Health and surgical services.
- Clerical—Assist with filing, making copies and packet assembly.
- Sewing volunteers—Our sewing volunteers function either out of their homes or with one of our sewing groups that meets offsite.
- Fundraising—Assist with Volunteer Fundraising Committee functions.
- Summer volunteers—High school or college students interested in summer-only volunteer positions.
An expanded list of volunteer positions will be provided during your interview.