Community Specialty Pharmacy is a full-service pharmacy that offers a convenient, safe way for patients to get medications needed to help treat chronic or rare conditions. Our specially-trained pharmacists work with your care team to understand your specialized treatment plan.
Community's Specialty Pharmacy is designed to improve the lives of patients who are taking high-cost, complicated medications, called specialty medications. They tend to be more expensive and can require special storage like refrigeration or special administration, like an injection. And most require additional support. That's where we come in. We are experts in care with years of experience, and we can help you get the treatment you need. We will work closely with you and your physician to help you succeed on your new therapy.
As a specialty pharmacy patient, you have access to many helpful services. Here are a few things you should know about Community Health Network Specialty Pharmacy:
- The specialty pharmacy offers you support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a team of specialty-trained pharmacists and nurses.
- We treat you as an individual and work with your care providers to create a program tailored to your specific condition.
- To help you understand and follow your prescription guidelines, we will provide you with education regarding your medication(s) in clinic or over the phone. In addition, we will provide you with other patient education materials including medication education handouts.
- Our dedicated team of specialty pharmacy technicians will ensure the delivery of your monthly refills.
- We will handle the details for shipping and delivering your specialty medications.
- We provide resources for patient advocacy and support groups on our website or in writing when requested from the pharmacists.
- This website also provides access to the evidence-based resources we use to design our Patient Management Program.
If you have any questions, please call us at 833-636-6392 (toll free). We are available 24 hours a day for medication needs. Thank you for choosing us as your specialty pharmacy!
How It Works
We are ready to work with you and your physicians to help you receive the best possible care. To get started, simply contact a Community Specialty Pharmacy patient care coordinator (PCC) at 833-636-6392 and we will work with your physician on the rest.
Remember, we offer support any time, 24/7. Our pharmacists and nurses are available around the clock to answer all your questions about your medications and conditions, assist with your medication refills, and offer guidance on how your therapy is progressing. Click below for details on getting started on your medications and what you can expect as a patient.
At Community Health Network, we help you get the medication you need, when you need it, along with personalized support to make managing your condition a little easier. We have expertise in specialty medications and are passionate about helping you live better. We're here to help you choose the best way to get your medications, help you understand your insurance and payment options to help lower out-of-pocket costs, and answer questions about your medications and condition. Explore the services that set us apart below.
Get Support When You Need It
With Community's Specialty Pharmacy, you have the support of your own care team, led by physicians, specialists, pharmacists and nurses who are specially trained in your condition. They’re called your care team because that’s exactly what they do. You can call your care team with questions about your medication or condition―anytime―at the number on your prescription label.
Your care team can:
- Educate you on your new prescriptions, disease state and support medications.
- Remind you when it’s time to refill.
- Help you stay on track with your care plan.
- Manage your insurance and benefits and financial assistance programs.
- Help you manage side effects and work to the best outcomes.
- Teach you to take your medication according to prescribed schedule.
- Set up injection training or home infusions.
- Check your dosage and medication schedules.
- Get you started with digital tools and resources, including MyChart.
- Answer all of your questions.
You'll may need us differently at different times. For example, you may have more questions if your doctor changes your medication, or when you're not feeling your best. We’re here no matter what, 24 hours a day.
24-Hour Support: 833-636-6392
Get The Most Out of Your Benefits
We know health insurance can be confusing at times, so our insurance specialists will help you understand your benefits and how to help keep your out-of-pocket costs as low as possible.
Our insurance specialists are available to:
- File your insurance claims
- Help with benefit approvals
- Coordinate insurance paperwork
- Obtain prior authorization
- Locate coverage alternatives
- Provide advice during open enrollment
- Find resources to help with financial assistance
Meeting the challenges of medication non-adherence
Have you ever forgotten to take your medication? You are not alone.
Medication non-adherence is a serious, widespread issue that impacts clinical outcomes and contributes to rising healthcare costs. In fact, 20-30 percent of prescriptions written are never filled by patients and around half of all medications for chronic conditions are not taken as prescribed. As a result of this non-adherence, patients may experience preventable complications, disease progression, acute events and hospitalizations.
If you are having trouble sticking to your medication routine, our interactive Pharmacy Medication Management Program helps patients stay on track. Our care team is here to help you!
If you're having difficulty paying for medications, Community Specialty Pharmacy has patient financial advocates and medication assistance coordinators to help you understand your options.
Patients who identify themselves as unable to pay all or a part of their pharmacy services - including prescription drugs, co-payments, and pharmacy related deductibles - have the right to request financial assistance.
Ways to Get Your Prescriptions
Coming soon! You can request a prescription refill from the convenience of home using our easy online service.
We coordinate delivery of your specialty medications to your home or an approved alternate location.
Need something right away? Stop by and pick up your prescription in person.
Community Health Network Specialty Pharmacy
Located inside Community Hospital North
7250 Clearvista Drive, Suite 140
Indianapolis, IN 46256
- Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. (EST)
- Saturday/Sunday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (EST)
- 24-hour clinical support
Prescription Phone: 317-621-3100
Fax 1: 317-621-4298
Fax 2: 317-621-9317