Palliative Care Inpatient Services
Whether you’re 25 or 95, dealing with a chronic disease or serious illness is challenging. It may even decrease the quality of your life. Through our hospital-based inpatient palliative care program, we help you coordinate care and manage symptoms in order to enhance your overall quality of life and satisfaction with your care.
By partnering with your doctors and healthcare team, we offer support in the following areas:
- Managing pain, symptoms, spiritual and social needs
- Making decisions about your care
- Comforting you and your family as you journey through life with your chronic disease
- Coordinating communication between you, your doctors and other healthcare team members
This is the most comprehensive palliative care program of its kind in Indiana. Our team is committed to helping you understand where you are on your medical journey and providing the physical and emotional comfort you need.
Who Can Benefit?
The program helps people facing complex symptoms, pain or psychological and spiritual issues. It is an in-hospital program available to patients at Community Hospitals East, North, South and Anderson, Community Heart and Vascular Hospital and Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo.
If you or someone you know could benefit from inpatient palliative care, talk to your doctor about a referral. For more information on a specific location, please call based on locations listed below.
- Community Hospital North, Community Heart and Vascular Hospital, Community Hospital Anderson, Community Howard Regional Health: 317-621-4900
- Community Hospital East, Community Hospital South: 317-621-4901
For more information about inpatient palliative care services, talk to your doctor or call our referral line at 317-621-4900.