Our facilities are fully accredited in nuclear and cardiac imaging to help identify heart disease and disorders, assess heart function, and pinpoint the location of a heart attack.
Our onsite testing centers and pacemaker/defibrillator clinics ensure more seamless care when you need it. And to better serve our patients, we offer lipid screenings and Coumadin checks with follow-up so there are no extra trips to the hospital or outpatient clinics. Our cardiologists believe in the one-on-one patient approach to your cardiac care. This means we will provide you with a close physician-patient relationship. Our doctors will know your history not just from your chart, but also through personal interaction throughout your care.
Community Heart and Vascular Hospital performs all standard and state-of-the-art cardiovascular diagnostic testing procedures to diagnose, treat and monitor cardiac and vascular diseases. The equipment at our diagnostic center is state-of-the-art so that we can obtain the best diagnostic information for cardiovascular diseases.
Schedule an Appointment
Cardiovascular diagnostic testing is available at all Community hospitals. To schedule an appointment, please call a location near you:
- Community Heart and Vascular Hospital: 317-621-8565
- Community Hospital East: 317-355-1234
- Community Hospital South: 317-887-7880
- Community Westview Hospital: 317-920-7591
- Community Hospital Anderson: 765-298-2778
- Community Howard Regional Health: 765-453-8333
Our diagnostic facility is nationally accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) for testing services, including echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and vascular ultrasound. Accreditation demonstrates a commitment to quality care, quality diagnostic evaluations and accountability. The standards require that all interpreting physicians and practicing technologists/sonographers are adequately trained and experienced to interpret and perform noninvasive testing. Our highly-skilled cardiologists are certified in these tests and provide diagnostic testing of exceptional quality. Our team is led by Dr. Kiran Kareti and Dr. Jo Mahenthiran.
Diagnostic Testing Services
We are dedicated to providing the best quality of care and testing for our patients. In addition to standard cardiac and vascular diagnostic testing, our services include:
- Vascular screenings (ABI, AAA, Carotid)
- Genetic cardiovascular disease screening
- Integrated multi-modality imaging techniques
- Monitoring of complex procedures and therapy
- Opportunities for our patients to be part of national cardiovascular diagnostic testing research studies
The following tests are used to help identify and treat cardiovascular disease and heart conditions.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
- Cardiac stress test
- Nuclear stress test
- Tilt table test
- CT/CAT scan
- CT angiography (CTA)
- MRI of the heart
- Holter monitor
- Event recorder
The following tests help diagnose and treat vascular diseases. Vascular disease refers to unhealthy changes in blood vessels, including plaque build-up in the arteries, varicose veins and blood clots in the veins.
- Carotid Doppler ultrasound
- Vascular ultrasound
- Venous Doppler ultrasound