Program and Process
Community's weight loss and wellness program is for anyone who wants to lose weight. The program includes a comprehensive, in-depth review of the patient’s health, dietary and weight history. A thorough physical examination and laboratory evaluation, when needed, are included.
Patients in the weight loss and wellness program generally follow this process:
- The patient completes a detailed patient history form prior to first visit, which is reviewed during the initial visit.
- After the initial visit, the patient and physician determine together what plan will work best for the patient. The plan may include medication or liquid meal replacement.
- Every patient returns to see the physician in two weeks.
- When the first weight loss goal is achieved, the patient works with the doctor to decide whether to attempt further weight loss or to enter the maintenance program.
The program also offers the support of a behavioral health coach, exercise physiologist and dietitians.* Each specialist provides instruction and lifestyle modifications that are individualized to patient needs.
*Health coach and exercise physiologist available at North only.
To learn more about participating in Community's weight loss and wellness program, please call one of our locations:
- North: 317-621-7771 or toll-free 866-621-7771
- South: 317-887-7771 or toll-free 855-277-7771