When it comes to caring for kids, our patients have come to expect the exceptional treatment Community's pediatric units provide. You'll find them at Community Hospital North in Indianapolis and Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo. Each unit provides private, child-friendly and secure rooms designed to make a child's stay more comfortable while under the expert care of physicians, nurses, therapists and so many others. Explore Community's Pediatric Units below.
At Community Hospital North, the pediatric unit was designed by kids and their parents, as well as doctors and nurses, combining the most advanced technology and highest level of clinical care with the special health and healing needs of children.
Children told us how we could make their time at the hospital more comfortable. Our doctors and nurses provided insight into the latest treatment and technology. And parents told us that they wanted to maintain some family normalcy while having a child in the hospital and helped us identify how we could help.
Our pediatric unit houses 20 private and spacious family suites, so when a child needs care there's a comfortable place for mom and dad, too. Our suites are child friendly, while advanced technology and specialized doctors and staff are always close by. The suites are specifically designed to help restore the child's health, by including space for family members, activities and some of the comforts of home.
At Community Hospital North, kids can get critical care closer to home. A four-bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) is available at Community North inside the Pediatric Unit. Staffed by Riley-trained pediatric critical care physicians, the collaboration brings the expertise and care of a children's hospital to Community patients.
Pediatric Unit Features
- The 20 private and spacious family suites are on the first floor, near emergency services.
- Child-friendly while technically advanced, the suites are designed to help families support each other and work to restore child's health.
- Comfortable parent sleeping spaces available within each child's suite—also wireless Internet, parent work area, child diversion games/video game systems, and refrigerator.
- A creative treasure hunt design theme encourages children to walk and get well.
- Suites are available for short stays.
- The treatment area is away from the family suite.
- Parents can relax in the parent lounge.
- The high-tech security system ensures safety.
- Three pediatric sleep study rooms provide monitoring for children with sleep disorders, including EEG video seizure monitoring.
- A pediatric hospitalist is available to provide round-the-clock care for patients on the pediatric unit.
- Our emergency physicians are board-certified and pediatric-experienced.
- We offer doctors with expertise in pediatric neurologic, digestive and orthopedic problems, among others.
Tour for Parents
Tour for Kids
At Community Howard Regional Health, we understand how stressful your child's hospitalization can be, both for your child and for you. We take the responsibility of caring for your child very seriously, understanding that children have special needs and require special attention.
In our pediatric unit our excellent patient care teams are made up of trained pediatricians, pediatric nurses, technicians, therapists, nutritionists and others. These are dedicated people who truly enjoy working one-on-one with children and answering parents' questions.
Our pediatric unit consists of six recently renovated rooms in a cheerfully decorated, secure wing on the second floor of the hospital. Parents are always welcome in the pediatric unit and the spacious rooms make it comfortable for a parent or guardian to sleep over in their child’s room.
At Community Howard parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s care, all while having the comfort of knowing our expert clinicians have the power of the latest technologies and treatments behind them.