Third-year clerkship in family medicine
The family medicine rotation is a required rotation for third-year medical students. The four-week rotation is offered every other month. Each student will be scheduled with a family physician for the practical experience and will attend four didactic days during that time. A licensed social worker provides guidance and advice for the family project.
Download: 2010 Elective Rotation Booklet (PDF)
Elective rotations are offered for third or fourth year students of LCME or osteopathic accredited medical schools. Students may set up a rotation directly with Community or as a guest student of Indiana University School of Medicine. For detailed course descriptions offered through IUSM, please refer to the Indiana University School of Medicine 2010-2011 Elective Programs.
Electives are offered in the following areas:
- Clinical anesthesia
- Inpatient family medicine
- Ambulatory care in a family medicine center
- Clinical hematology/oncology
- Private practice in clinical neurology
- Comprehensive rehabilitation medicine
- Psychiatry in the community setting
- POVE special elective for communication and video editing
If you do not see a rotation in your area of interest please contact us and we will do our best to work with you and accommodate your learning needs. For more information or to set up an elective, please contact Valerie Brown at vbrown@eCommunity.com. Please provide in the e-mail:
- Your name
- Year in medical school
- Daytime phone number
- E-mail address
- Rotation name you are interested in
- Rotation dates
- Name of school
- A contact person in your dean’s office to set up an affiliation or limited-term agreement; please include name, phone number and e-mail.