Medical social services
It is a well-known fact that recovery time improves with the elimination of illness-related stress. The Medical Social Services department at Community Howard Regional Health System is here to help alleviate those emotional concerns and help you help yourself. Staffed by caring, trained professionals, Medical Social Services functions as an integral part of your healthcare team, taking part in the development of a plan that assures a successful recovery. Our services are free of charge to all inpatients, outpatients and their families.
Each patient has his or her special emotional and social needs. We will talk with you, listen to you and help you formulate a plan that best meets these needs. Through access to appropriate community resources and other healthcare facilities, we can help guide you along the road to a worry-free recovery.
Some patients and their families have found that they need assistance in planning for discharge from the hospital. It is best to start this planning process early.
- Do you need a plan for returning home, including transportation?
- Do you need help in obtaining medical supplies and equipment?
- Do you need help planning for extended care?
- Do you need to locate appropriate community resources?
If so, our staff can help. The services offered through Medical Social Services include assistance with:
- follow-up health care
- placement in other care facilities
- rehabilitation and therapy
- referrals to community support services
- vocational services
- housing needs
- family problems associated with a patient's illness
- transportation needs
- obtaining medical supplies/equipment
- psychosocial counseling
For more information about Medical Social Services or to receive specific help, contact us at 765-453-8459 between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday.