Patient Service Representative
The Patient Service Representative position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Patient Service Representative works in conjunction with providers and clinical staff to take care of patients' administrative needs.
- This position is vital to giving the patient the "Patient's First" service and treatment they deserve as soon as they walk into our facility.
- Primary responsibilities include checking in patients for appointments, collecting patient payments, answering telephones, taking accurate messages, scheduling appointments, and checking insurance eligibility.
- This position utilizes our electronic medical record system to verify and update patient demographic information, as well as, posting and balancing of payments collected.
- One year of experience in a healthcare environment or a minimum of two years of experience in a customer service focused role.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, have attention to detail, strong organization skills, and a team player.
- Written communication skills necessary for appropriate and accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates an ability to use good judgment for maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Intranet and Internet usage, Excel, Word, email, and web based applications.
Administrative, medical office, front office
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.