Volunteer & Auxiliary Services
It’s your community, and you can be a part of it by becoming a volunteer! Ongoing volunteer opportunities are available at Community hospitals and health pavilions. In addition to free parking and meals, social events and service awards, you'll be rewarded just knowing you helped our patients and families when they need it most. Apply today!
Our unique volunteer opportunities include positions in the medical units, along with clerical positions and customer service assistance for patients and visitors.
- Information desk—Assist the staff at the main information desk with flower delivery, escorting and customer service needs for patients and visitors.
- Patient access—Assist with escorting for the outpatient registration desk.
- Hospital departments—Assist with supply stocking and basic patient needs. Departments include maternity, pediatrics, the Center for Joint Health and surgical services.
- Clerical—Assist with filing, making copies and packet assembly.
- Sewing volunteers—Our sewing volunteers function either out of their homes or with one of our sewing groups that meets offsite.
- Fundraising—Assist with Volunteer Fundraising Committee functions.
- Summer volunteers—High school or college students interested in summer-only volunteer positions.
An expanded list of volunteer positions will be provided during your interview.
The general age requirement for volunteers is 16. We also ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of 6 months of service or the equivalent of 6 months of time (98 hours).
Because our volunteers must meet many of the same standards as hospital staff, it generally takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks to actually begin your volunteer experience.
All prospective volunteers must complete the following:
- Health screening—All volunteers must complete a health history form and have a blood draw to check immunity to certain diseases as well as tuberculosis status. There is no cost for these tests, and they will be completed at a Community Work Site Care Clinic or other Employer Health facility.
- Reference check.
- Criminal history check—All volunteers must pass a criminal history background check processed by the Indiana State Police.
- Orientation and training—All volunteers are required to attend volunteer orientation.
How to Apply
Find your desired location below for more information about volunteering. Generally, you will need to complete an application form, interview with the staff and complete an orientation.