Health Tip: Experiencing Nosebleeds During Pregnancy?
(HealthDay News) -- An excess volume of blood, combined with an increase in hormone levels, can trigger nosebleeds during pregnancy.
Your nasal passages may become dry and swollen when you are expecting, and sometimes it is severe enough to cause a nosebleed. The Nemours Foundation recommends these measures to help manage the problem:
- Run a humidifier to keep the air moist.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids each day.
- Dab a bit of petroleum jelly around your nostrils.
- Moisturize nasal passages by using saline spray or nose drops.
- Talk to your doctor if your nosebleeds persist.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.