Health Tip: Naptime for Toddlers
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to teach your toddler healthy sleep habits, experts say.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to help your toddler get a good night's sleep:
- Create a bedtime schedule based on when your child seems to become sleepy.
- Develop a soothing routine of a bath, stories and some quiet time.
- If you get a late start and want to keep your toddler's bedtime on track, prepared a shorter version of the daily routine.
- Be consistent, to help your child know what to expect.
- Make sure your child is comfortable and has a favorite comfort item ( for example, a blanket or stuffed animal) in bed.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.