Health Tip: When Baby's Cries Signal Trouble
(HealthDay News) -- Babies cry as a way to communicate. And sometimes this indicates a serious problem.
The University of Michigan Health System mentions these warning signs of an infant's need for medical attention:
- Baby cries non-stop for more than three hours, and the cries are particularly intense or shrill.
- Baby just can't be comforted.
- Baby's belly is tense or firm.
- Baby has never had a crying episode like this.
- Baby seems sick or in pain, or has a temperature of more than 100.5 degrees.
- Baby has diarrhea or is vomiting.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.