Health Tip: Eat Right for Healthier Sight
(HealthDay News) -- The right diet can help improve eye health and ward off eye problems.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics mentions these foods that can help promote healthier eyes:
- Nutrient-rich kale, which can help protect against sunlight damage, cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Sweet potatoes, which are rich in beta carotene and may help thwart macular degeneration.
- Strawberries, which are rich in vitamin C and may help reduce the risk of cataracts.
- Omega-3 fatty acid-rich salmon, which can help manage dry eyes and reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
- Green tea, which is loaded with antioxidants and may help protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.