Community Hospital North delivers most Hoosier babies in 2015
INDIANAPOLIS – For the second consecutive year, Community Hospital North has earned the honor of delivering more babies than any other hospital in the state of Indiana.
A total of 3,828 babies were delivered at Community North in 2015, according to preliminary data from Community North’s department performance records.
“Each of those deliveries represents a mother who put their trust in our physicians, nurses and entire patient care team, and it’s an honor that means a great deal to everyone at Community North,” said Kathy Krusie, president of Community Health Network’s north region.
A deeper look at the data from 2015 revealed some interesting facts and figures.
- The total number of babies delivered at Community North in 2015 included 96 pair of twins and six sets of triplets.
- July was the busiest month for deliveries at Community North, leading the way with 339.
- Feb. 19, 2015, and June 24, 2015, were the single-busiest days for Community North’s labor and delivery team, who delivered 22 babies on each of those days.
- 51 percent of the babies born at Community North in 2015 were male while 49 percent were female.
- If all the babies born at Community North in 2015 decided to attend an Indy Fuel game at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, they would fill the entire lower level, the entire second level and two full sections plus 79 seats in the third level.
In addition to pacing the state in deliveries, Community North’s maternity department also received a “would recommend” score in the 99th percentile, based on national patient satisfaction surveys.
“Community North’s total number of deliveries is impressive,” said Dr. Kristina M. Box, medical director, women’s services, Community Health Network, “but it pales in comparison to the passion and commitment our caregivers bring to each and every patient encounter.”
Community North also topped all Indiana hospitals for deliveries in 2014, helping to bring 3,814 babies into the world.
About Community Health Network
Ranked among the nation’s most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them—in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. As a non-profit health system with over 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana, Community’s full continuum of care integrates hundreds of physicians, specialty and acute care hospitals, surgery centers, home care services, MedChecks, behavioral health and employer health services. To learn more, visit eCommunity.com or call 800-777-7775.