Hancock Surgery Center
1 Memorial Square, Suite 1000
Greenfield, IN 46140
Hancock Surgery Center, located on the Hancock Regional Hospital campus, is a multi-specialty outpatient surgery facility. The center is located in the professional building connected to the hospital. With nearly 5000 surgeries performed annually, Hancock Surgery Center provides patients and families with innovative and individualized surgery options that keep you and your family healthy so you can focus on what’s important in your life.
Hancock Surgery Center offers expert surgeons in a variety of surgical specialties, including ENT, general surgery, gynecology, dermatology, infertility, oral/maxillofacial, ophthalmology, orthopedics/sports medicine, gastroenterology (endoscopy), plastic/reconstructive, podiatry, urology and vascular.
Hancock Surgery Center is a multi-specialty outpatient surgical facility, conveniently located on the campus of Hancock Regional Hospital, which is positioned in the heart of one of the fastest growing suburban areas on the east side of Indianapolis.
The Hancock Surgery Center staff promises attentive, professional care. We understand that surgery is a major event in your life, and we are determined to provide you with superior medical care. We know that family members and friends are important and we include them in your care.
Our center has a convenient entry where patients may be dropped off or picked up under the protection of a canopy near the main entrance of the building - as well as free and convenient parking for visitors.
Every patient will have a private patient room before and after surgery. This provides not only for your comfort, but also for the privacy and confidentiality necessary in today’s healthcare setting.
Before, During and After Surgery
Learn more about what to expect before your surgery, during your stay at Hancock Surgery Center, after surgery, and at home.
Hancock Surgery Center is a tobacco free environment. Smoking has been shown not only to compromise the health of those who smoke, but others who come into contact with the smoke. Therefore, in keeping with our mission to promote the health, wellness and comfort of our patients and employees, smoking is not permitted.
- 19 spacious private patient rooms
- Spacious and comfortable waiting area
- Private family/physician consultation rooms
- Refreshment station
- Booths for work or dining
- Free wireless Internet access
- Television/DVD viewing area
- Children’s play area
- Easy access to hospital cafeteria
- Free, convenient parking
- Tobacco-free environment
An important achievement of quality and excellence is receiving accreditation and licensing from governing organizations. At Hancock Surgery Center, we will meet or exceed the following standards set forth by the following accreditation and licensing boards*:
- Fully licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Member of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
*All accreditations are currently in progress.
Surgical Team and Staff
- All surgeons and anesthesiologists are board-certified or board-admissible.
- Medical director at each center is a board-certified, full-time anesthesiologist.
- Full-time on-site executive nursing director at each center.
- Surgical registered nurses are assigned to each patient.
- All registered nurses in pre-operative care and post-anesthesia care (recovery) are Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) registered nurse always on-site in pre-operative and post-anesthesia care units.
Blair Stott, MD
Libbie Day, RN, CNOR
Hancock Surgery Center is a joint venture with Hancock Regional Hospital, a number of physicians and VEI, a corporation within Community Health Network. This partnership allows us to provide patients with advanced technology in a comfortable, patient-focused environment.
What our patients say
- "I went to Indianapolis for this procedure 5 years ago. It didn't go well, and was hesitant to use a small town hospital this time. The outcome was excellent!"
- "Keep doing what you are doing. You are way ahead of most hospitals. We are blessed to have you in Greenfield!"
- "I was pleasantly surprised what a great experience I had. We moved to Greenfield from out of state & I was considering going to Indy. Glad I didn't. Great 1st experience!"
- "The best nursing staff I have seen anywhere in Indiana. I have been here 2.5 years and my family has been to many other places. I was so impressed with your nursing staff. Amazing people!"
Apex Quality Award
In 2016, we received a national Apex Quality Award for patient satisfaction and care, one of the most prestigious in the industry. The award demonstrates our commitment to the highest level of excellence in customer service.
Find a Doctor
Learn more about surgical services at Community.