FigLeaf Boutique South - Cancer Center
FigLeaf Boutique South - Cancer Center
1440 E County Line Rd, Ste 1600,
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Located inside Community Cancer Center South, we are the only cancer specialty boutique in south Indianapolis. We are dedicated and passionate about providing the very best services and care to women undergoing breast cancer treatment. We offer health care products and services for oncology patients every step of the way during and after treatment.
Please call 317-887-7104 to schedule a fitting or ask questions.
Taking care of women’s emotional health is an important part of every cancer treatment plan. To that end, each boutique has certified mastectomy fitters who can assist with mastectomy bras and prosthesis fittings. Retail stores also carry cancer treatment products such as wigs, hats and scarves, skin care and pink ribbon merchandise.
FigLeaf Boutique offers in-store, complimentary, private fitting services for breast forms/prostheses and bras. All FigLeaf fitters are certified through specialized training and each FigLeaf location has a board-certified fitter on staff.
Fitting consultations are available at all our retail store locations any time FigLeaf is open. Patients are encouraged to call for an appointment, but walk-ins are always welcome.
A consultation lasts approximately 30 minutes, depending on fitting needs, and can vary depending on the patient’s particular surgery. FigLeaf's private fitting rooms provide a comfortable seating area and are both spacious and easily accessible. Patients are encouraged to bring a friend or support partner during the fitting. A fitting session may consist of just a bra fitting or fitting the patient for both a prosthesis and bra.
Before the fitting, patients will be asked about the condition of their skin to ensure there will be no irritation from the fitting. If there are potential issues (burning, scars, rash), the fitters will contact the hospital’s breast health navigators for guidance on whether to continue the fitting or reschedule.
After the fitting, the fitter and patient will complete an intake form to order the needed items.
It is not unusual for FigLeaf’s fitters to see patients repeatedly throughout their treatment process and to form long-term relationships with them. Bra and breast form needs change with each phase of treatment. There are three general fitting phases:
- After surgery: This is the healing phase when comfort is a primary concern. Patients in this phase may opt for a recovery product, such as a moisturizing camisole infused with vitamin E and Aloe or a soft cotton leisure bra (similar to a sports bra).
- Less than six weeks after surgery: This is a phase of continued healing in which the patient is easing back into activities. The soft cotton leisure bra continues to be a good option during this phase.
- More than six weeks after surgery: In this phase, the patient is getting back into normal activities. At this time, most can start to wear a normal bra, but will need physician approval to get breast forms for underneath the bra. Throughout this phase, there may be a need for multiple fittings if breasts are off-balance due to reconstruction or even weight gain/loss. In these cases, a “balancing” piece may be tucked into the pocket of the bra.
Types of Bras and Breast Forms
There are several types of bras and breast forms to choose from. The appropriate style will be determined at your fittings based on your physician’s recommendations and phase of treatment.
- Silicon forms – This is the most common form. It should be used only after the 6-week recovery period and must be prescribed by your doctor.
- Foam forms – These are appropriate for patients who have just had surgery, to aid in recovery.
- Swim forms – Swims forms should be ordered in addition to a regular form. A regular form is not recommended for swimming.
- Contact forms – These forms attach to breast wall with a delicate adhesive to help a woman feel more secure.
- Climate-control forms – These forms equalize your body temperature by counteracting body heat. The form absorbs excess heat from the chest wall and reduces overheating.
- Symmetry shapers – These forms restore shape and symmetry for those who have had partial or full breast removal. They are available in a variety of shapes/sizes.
- Recovery care products – These include camisoles and bras for use immediately after surgery. They offer a snug, but not restrictive fit and typically close in the front. They are infused with vitamin E and Aloe vera that continually releases moisturizing benefits to skin.
Costs and Insurance
Bra and breast form fitting at FigLeaf is complimentary. During the fitting process, the patient will be assisted with insurance paperwork, which FigLeaf will file on the patient’s behalf. Patients should check with their insurance provider to ensure how many prostheses or bras are allowed (covered) per year. Coverage for six bras a year is average. The number of prostheses covered will depend on the type of surgical procedure a patient has undergone. Patients should also inquire with their insurance carrier about deductible and co-pay amounts prior to being fitted to be aware of any out-of-pocket expenses that may be associated with the purchase of a product.
FigLeaf also offers in-store, complimentary, private fitting services for wigs. Our breast form fitters have additional training on how to fit and style wigs and will also explain how to care for the product. We offer a wide variety of wig styles, colors and materials. A wig fitting is typically not done until the later stages of treatment when the patient begins to experience hair loss, but patients may wish to purchase a wig a few weeks prior to treatment to best match their natural hair color.
Costs and Insurance
Wig fitting is complimentary. Wigs can be purchased onsite or they can be ordered for later pickup. Insurance may cover the cost of a wig. Please check with your insurance provider for details. FigLeaf Boutique does not file insurance claims for wigs.
It is our belief that compression garments should be properly selected and professionally fitted for each patient. We have close working relationships with all of the network lymphedema therapists to provide seamless care for patients. Our services include selection and fitting of garments for:
- Upper extremity lymphedema
- Truncal lymphedema
- Breast lymphedema
- Travel garments to reduce risk
We have a variety of sizes and brands in stock and are able to order from all of the top brands including Juzo, Medi, Jobst, Solaris, WearEase and Sigvaris.
At FigLeaf, we offer specialty cancer care products you need to feel and look your best:
Post Breast Surgery
- Post surgical bras and camisoles
- Breast forms
- Partial forms for lumpectomies
- Swimwear and swim forms
- Lymphedema sleeves and gloves
- Custom compression garments
- Mastectomy bras
- Lindi Skin® specialty care products
- Bass Farms products
- Non-metallic deodorant
Wigs and Headwear
- Wigs: Natural, synthetic and partial
- Hats, scarves, bandanas, turbans, sleep caps
Find a Doctor
Learn more about cancer care at Community.