Make a difference in the lives of patients, families and staff
I really enjoy making the fleece shawls for hospice patients. I first started making them a year ago. My beloved mother-in-law who passed away with Alzheimer's needed the extra warmth that this shawl afforded her. Since then, I've made many for friends, relatives, and hospice patients. I really enjoy spreading the warmth and love of God to his people.
--Judy O'Brien, hospice volunteer
Community Home Health prides itself on its caring and committed volunteers. Volunteers are a vital part of our team, and bring a wealth of talent and compassion to our office and into our homes of our patients.
Non-patient contact volunteers
- Assist with various office and clerical functions at our Fishers office.
- Work at your leisure in your home on special projects.
Patient contact volunteers
- Provide companionship in the home and in nursing homes to terminally ill patients and their families who are in our Hospice program.
- Provide bereavement support to families who have lost a loved one in our Hospice program.
- Help with reading, shopping, running errands and small household chores.
- Make support calls to patients and families.
Volunteers are offered a thorough orientation and training program before they begin their volunteer work. Additional education is offered to help the volunteer to continue to feel supported as an integral part of the team.
Community Home Health has a large service area and needs volunteers in the entire area. Volunteer education sessions are held throughout Central Indiana for the convenience of our volunteers.
Staff, patients and families continually give glowing reports of the wonderful things volunteers do to help them. Our volunteers are often heard saying, "I receive so much more out of this than I give," and "What a rewarding experience." Would you like to become part of this rewarding experience?
Would you like more information on any of our volunteer opportunities? Call Volunteer Services at 317-621-4785 or 800-404-4852.
Please mail your completed application package (application and two references) to the address below.
Community Home Health
Attn: Volunteer Services Manager
9894 E. 121st St.
Fishers, IN 46037