Theresa Rader, Psy.D., HSPP, LCAC
Dr. Rader received a degree in social work from Indiana University, where she later completed her master’s degree. After that, she received her clinical psychology doctorate from Indiana State University.
We are fortunate to have her expertise as a part of our bariatric program. Dr. Rader has provided therapy for adolescents, adults, couples and families for nearly 30 years. Her experience ranges from addictions to general mental health issues, and of course, eating and weight-related issues.
Dr. Rader’s emphasis is placed on using a “person-centered” treatment approach, which focuses on recovery, wellness and resilience. Here’s how Dr. Rader views this:
- Therapist's role involves coaching, cheerleading, facilitating, and mentoring.
- Focuses on building a partnership with the individual and help in the creation of an individual plan that serves as each person’s road map to recovery.
- Emphasis on the principles of hope, empowerment and self-determination.
- Encourages the development of an individual vision which reflects preferences, abilities, strengths, goals and cultural identity.
- Works together to identify life goals and work to remove barriers to recovery and wellness.
Dr. Rader is a member of the American Psychological Association, International Association of Trauma Professionals, National Association of Addiction Professionals and Indiana Association of Addiction Professionals.