Radiology safety and risk
Community Hospital East is winning with low-dose CT efforts
The radiology team at Community Hospital East is moving at light speed to bring the latest technology in low-dose CT scans to patients. They have equipped both of their CT scans with the most advanced technology to effectively reduce the amount of radiation exposure patients receive when getting a scan - a reduction of up to 50 percent in some cases. Read more >>
Community Health Network has worked diligently with our radiologists, department leadership, and staff members to provide you, our patient, with the highest quality exam at the lowest possible radiation dose. While the topic of radiation exposure through medical imaging has become popular in today’s media, Community Health Network has historically been a leader in reduction of radiation dose and exposure.
Some of the actions that we have taken include:
- Developed pediatric specific protocols that lower dose.
- Reduced exam length when possible to lower the resulting patient radiation exposure.
- Educate physicians on imaging options that do not use radiation such as ultrasound and MRI.
- Invest in digital imaging equipment for both x-ray and mammography that result in a lower radiation dose for the patient.
- Participate in the Image Gently campaign.
- Document and monitor patient dose levels during exams.
The following links provide resources to educational materials to help educate and inform our patients and guests: