Community Health Network’s fitness centers are designed to improve employee health and fitness, simplify their lives with convenient facilities, and be a part of their exceptional employee experience.
For more information about BodyZone, contact Todd Williams, director of network fitness, at 317-621-1600 or e-mail Todd.
Do you want to start a new exercise program? Do you feel that you need some guidance with the equipment to have an effective workout? Maybe you just need to change your current fitness program and you are looking for someone to show you some new exercises and push you past your current program.....if so, we have the program design for you!!!
What people are saying....
"Lynn plans the layout of the music and times the workout to the music; every class is different. Lynn enjoys teaching and it shows with her smile and that makes me smile and enjoy the class too. If you are new she takes the time to help you adjust your bike and explains what to expect. It’s a great class - you burn a lot of calories while having fun!"
—Beth T., on Lynn's spin class
Our personal trainers design and tailor personalized workouts just for you, allowing you to achieve your desired results in a rewarding timeframe. Your professional trainer will be right there with you for inspiration, support, safety and guidance.
More about Todd and Bodyzone fitness instructors >>
Make an appointment during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and receive a 1/2 hour session for only $12. Normal personal training cost is $22.50/hour or $15/per half hour for BodyZone members and $25/hour or $17.50 per half hour for non-BodyZone members.
2015 class schedules: BodyZone North
Tai chi, which is derived from the Chinese martial arts, focuses on building strength, balance, and flexibility through slow, fluid movements combined with relaxing deep breathing. Qigong is the practice of aligning breathing with gentle movement for stress reduction and the cultivation of the body's qi or "life energy," which the Chinese believe serves to prevent illness, improve general health, and extend life. Referred to by the Harvard Medical School as "medication in motion," tai chi provides research supported healing and support for those with arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleeplessness, fibromyalgia, and back and spinal problems, as well as reduces stress and increases strength, mobility, balance and endurance. But don't let the gentle moves fool you; thirty minutes of tai chi burns the same amount of calories as thirty minutes of brisk walking.
Still not convinced? Read Five Reasons Why Your Body and Mind Will Love Tai Chi
BodyZone fitness centers offer this seven-week class to the general public. To pre-register (required), call Victoria at 765-325-2940 or 317-753-3871 or email email@example.com to register or for more details.
- Session 5: August 26, September 2, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14
- Session 6: October 28, November 4, 11, 18, December 2, 9, 16
All classes held on Wednesdays. Prices are for seven-week sessions.
- Tai Chi For Health Part I or Part II - $45
- BodyZone North, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Tai Chi Practice Group - $35
- BodyZone North, 11 a.m. to noon
View all series dates and times (PDF) >>
Please call Todd at 317-621-1600 for current TRX class schedule at BodyZone North!
The TRX Suspension Trainer is the original, best-in-class workout system that leverages gravity and your bodyweight to perform hundreds of exercises. You're in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise - because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance. The TRX Suspension Trainer:
- Delivers a fast, effective total-body workout
- Helps build a rock-solid core
- Increases muscular endurance
- Benefits people of all fitness levels (pro athletes to seniors)
By using your own bodyweight, the TRX Suspension Trainer provides greater performance and functionality, allowing for a great workout for all levels of fitness!
Conveniences and amenities
- Easy to find in the Hillsdale office complex along Shadeland Avenue (6991 Hillsdale Court), just south of Community Hospital North and Community Heart and Vascular Hospital
- Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Secure (security card needed for access)
- 8,500-square-foot facility
- Life Fitness elliptical trainers, treadmills, recumbent bikes and Hammer Strength weight machines, plus flat-screen TVs and satellite radio
- Full-service locker rooms
- 1,600-square-foot multipurpose room with 1.5-inch foam padded Taraflex sports floor for injury reduction, designed for cardio fitness classes and cooking classes.
- Conveniently located in the lower level of Community East building 3
- Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Renovated in September 2010
- Secure (security card needed for access
- 1,800-square-foot facility
- Life Fitness cardio equipment including five treadmills, three elliptical trainers, stair stepper, two recumbent bikes, Smith weight machine, full line of Hammer Strength and Hoist weight machines, Swiss balls, stretching area, plus flat-screen TVs
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms
BodyZone North: Membership is available to all Community Health Network employees and spouses, with membership fees collected through convenient payroll deduction. There are no initiation or registration fees. Membership fees per pay period for you and/or your spouse are $11.54 or $18.46, respectively, paid through equalized payroll deductions.
BodyZone East: Membership is available to all Community Health Network employees, with membership fees collected through convenient payroll deduction. There are no initiation or registration fees. Membership fees per pay period for you and/or your spouse are $5.00 or $10.00, respectively, paid through equalized payroll deductions.
To enroll, click here (Note: You will be redirected to InComm and will need to log in.) Or, visit InComm under Services > Employee Fitness Centers and look for the enrollment link.
6991 Hillsdale Court
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Community Hospital East, Building 3 basement
1500 N. Ritter Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46219
For more information contact Todd Williams, director of network fitness, at 317-621-1600 or e-mail Todd.