Get a healthy taste of fall with this recipe for pumpkin oat bran muffins.
- 1-1/2 cups oat bran
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients (items one through six on the above list).
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg whites, pumpkin, milk and oil until well blended.
- Stir into dry ingredients until the mixture is not lumpy.
- Coat nine muffin cups with cooking spray and fill halfway with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
1 muffin: calories 155 | total fat 4g | carbohydrates 30g | protein 5g | fiber 4g