How to be healthy parents
While having a baby provides many wonderful experiences, it can also add stress to a relationship. A strong, healthy relationship between parents provides a healthy environment for your baby.
The following are ways the American Academy of Family Physicians suggests parents can keep their relationship strong once baby joins the family:
- Find time to spend together, as well as individual alone time for each of you.
- Schedule date nights at least every other week, if possible.
- Take time to talk to each other about everything you’re feeling, both the good and the bad.
- Disagreements are to be expected, but make sure you handle them respectfully and fairly.
- Listen to each other, and make up after disagreements.
Follow Community Health Network on Twitter for daily health and wellness tips.