First Aid for Eyes
To lessen the risk of permanent damage caused by eye injuries, it is important to treat eye injuries immediately. Consult your ophthalmologist as soon as possible.
- Bandage the eye gently.
- Do not rub the eye or apply pressure.
- Do not try to remove any particles.
- Do not wash out the eye.
- Pull the upper lid down onto lower lid and let lower eyelashes sweep away the particle by blinking repeatedly.
- Let tears wash out the speck or particle, or use an eye wash.
- Close your eye and seek medical attention immediately if the above procedure does not work.
- Do not rub the eye.
- Use fingers to separates lids, then flush the eye with water from a faucet or clean container.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Cover the eye.
- Gently apply small cold compresses without pressure immediately to reduce pain and swelling.
- Contact your ophthalmologist or primary care physician immediately.
Click here to view the
Online Resources of Eye Care