About Our Program
Welcome to the Community South Osteopathic Family Medicine Residency! At our program we focus on providing quality osteopathic family medicine education for our residents.
Here are some of the highlights of our program:
- We are affiliated with Community Hospital South, a community-based hospital with 150 beds, including a 12-bed ICU and maternity care.
- We currently accept four residents per class for a total of 12 residents.
- Our core faculty consists of our program director plus four faculty physicians, behavioral faculty, a residency coordinator, a clinical pharmacist, a part-time nutritionist and a practice manager. We have faculty with special interests in integrative medicine, OMT, autism, sports medicine, inpatient medicine, women’s health and preventive care.
- We offer a generous salary and benefits package including ample vacation time and CME. We also value our time together with our annual resident retreats.
- We allow “moonlighting” in the second year of residency.
- We focus on residents maintaining their osteopathic principles and philosophy throughout their training, and actively encourage the practice of OMT and further improvement of skills throughout the time in residency.
For more information about the medical residency programs at Community Hospital South, please contact Kyle Sparks, residency coordinator, at 317-957-9064 or email ksparks@eCommunity.com.