COVID-19 Tent Testing Information
Drive-thru tent testing for COVID-19 is available for symptomatic Community patients who have received a provider order for a test. Tests will be conducted at drive-thru testing tents at several Community facilities. You will also receive an order for a COVID-19 test if you are a pre-operative patient (see details below). Depending on the provider’s order, the test could be collected by a swab in the nose only, in the nose to back of throat, in the mouth to the throat, or by giving a saliva sample.
NOTE: Testing tents are not for the general public and are by appointment only; if you do not have a provider order for a test, you will not be able to be tested at the tents. If you would like to be tested, please call your provider's office for questions and next steps.
Respiratory symptom patients may be seen at any Community MedCheck or Community Clinic at Walgreens location. Visit eCommunity.com/medcheck or eCommunity.com/walgreens to schedule an appointment (walk-ins not permitted).
Please review testing requirements and steps below.
- Testing is available for Community patients age 6 months and older.
- Patients MUST have an order for testing, placed electronically by their Community Health Network provider. For affiliated Community providers, please bring paper order/requisition and other documentation, including demographics and insurance information.
- Once patients have an order for COVID testing, they may call 317-621-2727 for an appointment time at a drive-thru testing tent.
- Before you drive to the test site, make sure you have your driver’s license or state ID with you to verify your information.
- If you are providing a saliva sample, do not eat, drink, smoke, chew gum, brush teeth or use mouthwash for 30 minutes prior to the test.
- Please bring a tissue and water. With some collections (i.e., nose to back of throat), your nose may run a bit and the water helps the feeling subside.
- When you arrive at the tent, someone will greet you wearing full gear of mask, gown and gloves. Because COVID-19 is spread in the air and by contact, we ask that you stay in the car for the test.
- Your physician and team will receive the results and follow up with you within 48-96 hours for PCR testing sent out to a lab. If a rapid point-of-care test was ordered, results often come back the same day. The quickest way for you to get your test results is to be enrolled in MyChart. To sign up or log in, visit eCommunity.com/mychart.
We are screening patients for COVID-19 who are preparing for surgery, whether they are symptomatic or not, to keep all of our patients, families and staff safe. Therefore, pre-operative patients will need to complete a COVID-19 test prior to their surgery. Your surgery scheduling team will assist you with the order for the test and help you find a testing location. Many pre-operative patients are receiving saliva COVID-19 tests.
Testing Locations and Hours
Testing tents are currently available in East, North and South Indianapolis and Kokomo on the Community Howard campus. They are open Monday through Friday with some weekend hours. Please call 317-621-2727 for specific hours.
Community Hospital North campus medical offices
8180 Clearvista Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46256
The tent is located in the parking lot of the 8180 building on Clearvista Pkwy (near the campus entrance off 82nd St). After you turn into the parking lot, please follow signs to the tent.
Community Health Pavilion East
10122 E. 10th St., Indianapolis, IN 46229
Tent is located on the east side of the medical pavilion.
County Line Medical Pavilion
333 E. County Line Road, Ste B, Greenwood, IN 46143
The location is ½ mile west of the Greenwood Airport on the same side of the street (south).
Community Howard Regional Health campus
3548 S. Lafountain St., Kokomo, IN 46902
The Annex is located on the southside of the Community Howard campus. Patients may enter off of S. Lafountain St. Please follow the signs to the white tent south of the Emergency Department.