COVID-19 Testing Information
Testing for COVID-19 is now available for symptomatic Community patients who have received a provider order for a test. Tests will be conducted at drive-thru testing tents at several Community facilities. You will also receive an order for a COVID-19 test if you are a pre-operative patient (see details below). You may print the information on this page in the "COVID-19 Testing Flyer" below to bring with you to your test.
NOTE: Testing tents are not for the general public and are by appointment only; if you do not have a provider order for a test, you will not be able to be tested.
Please review testing requirements and steps below.
- Testing is available for Community patients age 6 months and older.
- Patients MUST have an order for testing, placed electronically by their Community Health Network provider. For affiliated Community providers, please bring paper order/requisition and other documentation, including demographics and insurance information.
- Once patients have an order for COVID testing, they may call 317-621-2727 for an appointment time at a drive-thru testing tent.
- Before you drive to the test site, make sure you have your driver’s license or state ID with you to verify your information.
- Please bring a tissue and water. Your nose may run a bit and the water helps the feeling subside.
- When you arrive at the tent, someone will greet you wearing full gear of mask, gown and gloves. Because COVID-19 is spread in the air and by contact, we ask that you stay in the car for the test.
- Once the caregiver has properly identified your information, they will take a long swab (similar to a q-tip) and place it through your nostril to the back of the nose and throat. It is slightly uncomfortable, but it will be over very quickly. This is done on both sides of the nostrils.
- Your physician and team will receive the results and follow-up with you. Results may take 48-96 hours to come back.
We are screening patients for COVID-19 who are preparing for surgery, whether they are symptomatic or not, to keep all of our patients, families and staff safe. Therefore, pre-operative patients will need to complete a COVID-19 test prior to their surgery. Your surgery scheduling team will assist you with the order for the test and help you find a testing location.
Testing Locations and Hours
Testing tents are currently available in East, North and South Indianapolis and Kokomo on the Community Howard campus. They are open Monday through Saturday with hours that vary by location. Please call 317-621-2727 for specific hours.
Community Hospital North campus medical offices
8103 Clearvista Parkway, Indianapolis, IN 46256
The tent is located in the parking lot between the 8101 and 8103 buildings on Clearvista Pkwy. After you turn into the parking lot, please follow signs to the tent.
Community Hospital East campus
1500 N. Ritter Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46219
Corner of E. 16th St. & N. Ritter Ave., near outpatient surgery entrance.
County Line Medical Pavilion
333 E. County Line Road, Ste B, Greenwood, IN 46143
The location is ½ mile west of the Greenwood Airport on the same side of the street (south).
Community Howard Regional Health campus
3548 S. Lafountain St., Kokomo, IN 46902
The Annex is located on the southside of the Community Howard campus. Patients may enter off of S. Lafountain St. Please follow the signs to the white tent south of the Emergency Department.