Youth Support Specialist - Ages 6 -11
3:00pm - 11:30pm
11:00am - 7:30am
This role will support/serve our Stop Gap unit. Stop Gap is used as an interim stay for children between the ages of 6 – 11 years of age. We are looking for caring workers preferably with daycare experience to help children feel safe and loved while they are awaiting permanent housing. You will be working in a newly renovated home with a fenced in backyard that encloses new playground equipment. Help us build a loving and creative environment for children that need it the most.
The Youth Support Specialist position is located across from Community Hospital East at our group home facility.
- To provide direct resident care providing a safe and therapeutic environment through treatment plan implementation, using individual and group instruction in activities of daily living
- To act as an advocate, educator, mentor and role model for Lutheran Child and Family Services
- Support and implement the policy and philosophy of the program and the Agency
One (1) year experience working with youth in a learning or social service environment preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent
A valid driver’s license, and driving record that adheres to CHI policy guidelines
- Knowledge of readiness to learn about Trauma-Informed care and implement best practices
- Desire to work with troubled children
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries and set limits in working with residents
- Ability to utilize a strength-based perspective and solution-focused model with working with residents and their families
- Assist residents with daily living skills as needed and participate in daily activities
- Participate in aggressive behavior management appropriate to the population served
- Ability to implement Individual Crisis Management Plans with residents appropriately
- Ability to relate in a non-judgmental and culturally-competent manner
Home will care for up to 10 children
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.