Youth Support Specialist
Youth Support Specialist
Gallahue-LCFS Secure Resident
Behavioral Health Eastside
3:00pm - 11:30pm Includes Weekends
The Youth Support Specialist position is located across from Community Hospital East at our Lutherwood facility.
- To provide direct resident care providing a safe and therapeutic environment through treatment plan implementation, using individual and group instruction in activities of daily living
- To act as an advocate, educator, mentor and role model for Lutheran Child and Family Services
- Support and implement the policy and philosophy of the program and the Agency
One (1) year experience working with youth in a learning or social service environment preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent
A valid driver’s license, and driving record that adheres to CHI policy guidelines
- Knowledge of readiness to learn about Trauma-Informed care and implement best practices
- Desire to work with troubled children
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries and set limits in working with residents
- Ability to utilize a strength-based perspective and solution-focused model with working with residents and their families
- Assist residents with daily living skills as needed and participate in daily activities
- Participate in aggressive behavior management appropriate to the population served
- Ability to implement Individual Crisis Management Plans with residents appropriately
- Ability to relate in a non-judgmental and culturally-competent manner
The Youth Support Specialist role is mainly full time. Our primary shifts are 7am – 3:30pm or 3:00pm – 11:30pm. *Currently we are hiring for evening shifts. All hires are required to work every weekend for the first 180 days of hire.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana’s leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor’s offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.