Wound Ostomy Registered Nurse (RN)
7150 Clearvista Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The Wound Ostomy Registered Nurse (RN) position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The WOCN (RN) has the responsibility and accountability for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Program
- The WOCN provides leadership, consultation, and planning of care for patients with selected disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary system
Demonstrated expertise in the practice of nursing validated by five (5) years of current clinical practice
Graduate of Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredited school of nursing, or three years related professional nursing experience.
Current licensure by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. Wound, Ostomy and/or Continence certification within one year after completion of the educational program(s)
- Able to work with peers in a team situation
- Oral communication skills to discuss patient care needs
- Written communication skills as necessary for documentation
- Computer skills for documentation and work related purposes
- Demonstrates a learning attitude toward solving problems
- Demonstrates ability to respectfully address interpersonal conflicts
- Takes initiative to help others
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Demonstrates openness to change and new learning
- Demonstrates customer service skills to provide exceptional and patient and family experience
Registered Nurse, RN, nursing, WOCN, Wound Ostomy, Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them - in hospitals, health pavilions, and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools, and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values - Patient First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence - our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.