VP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Indianapolis, IN 46256
The VP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
The VP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer will establish the diversity & inclusion vision and strategy that aligns with the Network’s internal (employee-focused) and external (patient- and community-focused) strategies. The incumbent will ensure strategies are embedded throughout the employee and manager experience as well as the outward facing policies and processes. This individual will focus on engaging a diverse workforce, and enabling culture, engagement, equity, inclusion, and diversity initiatives to create an environment where employees are engaged, and differences are embraced and used to better serve the needs of customers. The individual will be responsible for assessing current state of engagement, equity, inclusion and diversity across the enterprise, to identify opportunities for enhancements and improvements in both structure and effectiveness, and to ensure consistency with business and customer needs: company-wide culture, strategy, values, behaviors; and industry best practices. This includes creating potential opportunities for greater equity, engagement and effectiveness, as well as assessing current diversity recruiting efforts to ensure we’re targeting the right talent for the organization. The individual will also partner across all Human Resource and enterprise stakeholder groups to ensure engagement, inclusion, and diversity strategies and programs are ultimately embedded in appropriate processes and programs.
The Diversity and Inclusion Leader will have significant experience leading a multi-regional D& I function for a company regarded as having a recognized benchmark capability in the space:
- Demonstrated track record of success in partnering across all functions of HR and the broader organization to develop and manage D&I strategies and programs that support engagement and all organizational goals.
- Prior experience in developing targeted diversity recruiting strategies and implementing global approaches to attract and hire the right talent to the organization.
- Culture design and transformation experience highly preferred, with a focus on change management experience, implementing enterprise-wide initiatives and programs.
- HR and Talent Management experience a plus; experience with subject matters related to EEO a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, leading large complex projects, working in a fast-paced matrixed environment and handling multiple and changing priorities simultaneously.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Ability to handle complex issues with discretion, serving as a mediator and guide to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an inquisitive disposition.
- Excellent interpersonal and consulting skills; ability to assess needs, collaborate and deliver practical solutions that drive results.
- High degree of organizational savviness with experience in navigating complex organizations and making the right connections to drive work forward, while anticipating potential shifts.
- Trusted partner and servant leader who is collaborative and builds relationships across all levels.
- An energetic, proactive change leader who is equally comfortable in the Board room and facilitating employee discussions.
- Excellent public speaking ability and strong written and presentation skills.
- Manages ambiguity well and leads change.
Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, Vice President, Chief, Officer
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above our own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.