Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Coordinator RN
8075 N Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
$5,000.00 hiring bonus for experienced RNs!
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Nursing team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
The VAD Coordinator RN provides clinical expertise in their specialized area to optimize patient, family, nurse and team outcomes. This position directs the VAD Program daily operations and participates in direct patient care to optimize outcomes in a fiscally responsible manner. The Coordinator supports the practice of VAD through presentations, collaborative practice, and knowledge of industry standards to establish clinical best practices.
Your exceptional qualifications
- Graduate of National League for Nursing, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredited school of nursing with an Associate's Degree in Nursing; Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) with a valid license to practice in the state of Indiana as listed in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Current BLS, ACLS certifications
- Certified Heart Failure Nurse (CHFN) or Certified Heart Failure Nurse - K (CHFN-K) certification from the American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN) preferred, or ability to obtain within two years of hire
- Two years of experience in an acute care setting within the last three years
- One year of experience in advanced heart failure or post-operative cardiovascular experience
- One year of critical care or palliative care experience for patients with life-limiting or life-threatening illness preferred
- One year of Ventricular Assist Device experience preferred
- Ventricular Assist Device experience preferred
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.