Unit Secretary Monitor Tech - Community Howard Regional Health
3500 South LaFountain Street
Kokomo, IN 46902
The Unit Secretary Monitor Technician position is located in Kokomo, Indiana at Community Howard Regional Health in the Cardiac Monitoring unit.
- Provides general clerical support for the unit including but not limited to; receiving visitors in-person and by phone, routing phone calls as appropriate, ordering supplies for the unit, responding to call lights, etc.
- Responsible for the collection and initial interpretation of monitor strips for all monitored patients in their work area
- Performs a variety of technical duties in connection with cardiac monitoring of critical patients
- Exposure to blood and body fluids is possible
- Maintains Notary Certification
- Any additional unit based duties
6 months customer service experience is required. Previous experience in a nursing support role preferred. Experience interpreting cardiac rhythms preferred.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Demonstrates ability to respectfully address interpersonal conflicts
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions
- Shows compassion towards patients and families
- Basic math and reading skills
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with patients and personnel
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Maintains attendance and punctuality standards
- Must be able to lift
- Must be available for full-time training
- Successfully complete and pass required arrhythmia course/test during the initial training period required for role
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, nursing assistant, patient tech, patient technician, patient aide, unit secretary
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them - in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values - Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence - our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.