Surgery Scheduler MA-Cancer Center-North
7979 Shadeland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46250
The Medical Assistant Scheduler position is located at Gastroenterolgy-North Clinic in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Occasionally remove sutures and staples
- Schedule all Surgeries.
- Obtain the necessary authorization prior to surgery.
- Obtain consent forms for surgeries.
- Arrange pre-op testing for patients.
- Complete FMLA paperwork.
- Assist with arranging meetings for physicians.
- Arrange the physicians schedule around their surgeries.
- Work with Physicians on preferences for surgeries and pre-op testing.
- Assist other areas of the office as needed.
- Walk each patient through instructions about what must be done prior to surgery, what time they need to arrive, and let them know they will need to set up transportation home.
- Two or more years experience in surgery scheduling required.
- Medical terminology and understanding and comprehension of insurance/healthcare industry.
- ICD9 coding and insurance knowledge/experience preferred.
Graduate of an accredited ABHES or CAAHEP Medical Assistant training program or a graduate of a non-accredited Medical Assistant program plus five years of MA experience
If unsure the MA program is accredited, please use the following link to ABHES or CAAHEP to verify. http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs
Medical Assistant Certification, Registration, or AAMA Credentialing is required. *Please list your certification on your employment application
- Team oriented
- Patient friendly
- Takes on new responsibility as needed
- Reliable and self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Organized and very detail-oriented
- Computer and typing skills
Medical assistant, surgical care, post-op, CMA, RMA, CCMA, surgery scheduler