Surgery Scheduler MA-Breast Care-East
100 Monument Circle
Indiana, IN 46204
Monday through Friday
Now offering up to $1500 hiring bonus for qualified Medical Assistants!
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent Medical Assistant opportunity available within our ambulatory physician network. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting the provider of an ambulatory health care site with facilitation of patient visit and procedures, routine laboratory tests, referrals, and quality outcomes for the population of the practice. You will actively participate in Network quality initiatives regarding best practices.
Your exceptional skills
- Actively participates as a member of the health care team to promote positive health outcomes for our patients.
- Arrange pre-op testing for patients.
- Arrange the physicians schedule around their surgeries.
- Assist other areas of the office as needed.
- Assist with arranging meetings for physicians.
- Assists with patient procedures. Based on the practice needs and specialty this may include procedures such as suture removal, wart and mole removal, pap smears, colposcopies, minor surgeries, etc. Administers EKGs and Rhythm Strips, injections, immunizations, vision and hearing tests, measurement of O2 saturations and venipunctures and other specialty related procedures as required by the practice. For "nursing visits" records diagnoses and completes fee sheet by recording type of visit and procedures performed.
- Attitude/Customer Competencies: Caring, compassionate, and approachable in all customer contacts. Privacy – respects and maintains customers’ right to privacy and modesty. Confidentiality – maintains customers’ confidentiality. Telephone etiquette – speaks so that customers hear a smile. Appearance – takes personal ownership in appearance and that of work environment. Initiative – takes necessary steps to fix problems immediately. Providing Direction and Customer Acknowledgment – provides personalized attention by being courteous, friendly, and helpful when responding to customers’ needs. Timely service – recognizes that customers’ time is very valuable; provides them with prompt service. Customer information/education – provides customers with the best information needed to make informed choices.
- Community Excellence: Strives for excellence in customer service, patient focused care, and mastery of skills Attains and maintains BLS for Healthcare. Provider status. Strictly practices all HIPAA, OSHA, Blood Borne Pathogen and Infection Control Policies and procedures.
- Complete FMLA paperwork.
- Contacts hospital and outside sources regarding lab results, x-ray results and ER reports; phones pharmacies to authorize prescriptions; contacts nursing homes regarding patient orders; contacts patients to relay test result information; and returns patients phone calls with the provider’s recommendations for their care. Pre-certifies hospital admissions and referrals by contacting the appropriate insurance professionals and providing them with the requested information. Records pre-certification number in chart.
Your exceptional qualifications
Diploma from ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant training program, OR a diploma from a non-accredited Medical Assistant program plus one year of experience, OR a high school diploma + 3 years of experience.
Medical Assistant certification required within 6 months of hire
If unsure whether your MA program is accredited, please use the following link to ABHES or CAAHEP to verify. http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration