Surgery Scheduler - Greenwood Orthopedics
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES DIRECTLY TO: email@example.com*WILL NOT BE EMPLOYED THROUGH COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK; WILL BE EMPLOYED DIRECTLY THROUGH GREENWOOD ORTHOPEDICS*
The Full-Time Surgery Scheduler will be located in Greenwood, IN
- Schedule all Surgeries.
- Obtain the necessary authorization prior to surgery.
- Obtain consent forms for surgeries.
- Arrange pre-op testing for patients.
- Complete FMLA paperwork.
- Assist with arranging meetings for physicians.
- Arrange the physicians schedule around their surgeries.
- Work with Physicians on preferences for surgeries and pre-op testing.
- Assist other areas of the office as needed.
- Walk each patient through instructions about what must be done prior to surgery, what time they need to arrive, and let them know they will need to set up transportation home.
- Two or more years of experience in surgery scheduling required.
- Medical terminology and understanding and comprehension of insurance/healthcare industry.
- ICD9 coding and insurance knowledge/experience preferred.
High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Team oriented
- Patient friendly
- Takes on new responsibility as needed
- Reliable and self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Organized and very detail-oriented
- Computer and typing skills
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
*WILL NOT BE EMPLOYED THROUGH COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK; WILL BE EMPLOYED DIRECTLY THROUGH GREENWOOD ORTHOPEDICS*