Surg Svcs Support Technician
1402 E County Line Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Surgery department. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
The Surgical Services Support Technician is responsible for checking case cart supplies, turning rooms over for surgeries, pulling supplies for add on cases; including suture and medicine, taking care of any changes made on schedule; suture-medicine and supplies, returning supplies from previous cases, filling water supply area, setting up rooms for the evening, run all errands; blood bank, breast center, lab, and ordering extra supplies needed for cases.
Your exceptional skills
- Knowledge of doctor’s and various preference cards.
- Knowledge of suture and medicine.
- Knowledge of all supplies, including special order.
- Communicate with coworkers including doctors, nurses, and coordinators.
- Writing skills to be fill out order forms whenever needed.
- Math skills to know how much water supply is needed to know the time of next room turnover
- Reading skills to know supplies, suture, medicine, and to know schedule.
- Ability to pull cases, know all sterile techniques and know how to train new employees.
- Ability to work well with others; know how to work as a team and be willing to work late and stressful hours.
Your exceptional qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 1 to 3 years job-related experience in pulling supplies from preference cards.
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.