Student Extern- Emergency Department
1500 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
The Student Extern- Emergency Department is located in Indianapolis, Indiana on the Community East Campus.
- Performs direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of a RN.
- Direct patient care can include assisting with ADLs, phlebotomy.
- Indirect care may include documentation, reinforcement of patient and family education.
- Collaborates with other team members to perform other unit services as directed.
- Successful completion of two semesters of clinical experience.
- Must be within 12 months of graduation from an accredited RN school of nursing
Student of a National League for Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited RN school of nursing.
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Perform basic patient care.
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and personnel.
- Demonstrate ability to work with peers in team situation.
- Able to use computer for documentation and work related purposes.
- Exhibits ethical standards of conduct consistent with Network code of ethics.
Keywords: Student nurse, nursing student
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.